How do migrations fit in?
The final part of a takeover
Once standardisation is complete, we unlock the ability for migration to occur.
Once we have completed a takeover, we are ready to undertake further development on your site!
Migrations are very involved and important to get right! Every migration is individual but here’s a decent overview of the process so you can see what’s involved! Not all migrations need this degree of detail.
- Conduct an audit
- Complete standardisation
- Arrange access to critical systems
- Create a test plan
- Create/review documentation around technical architecture and devops
- Create a comms plan for internal and external users
- Run a trial migration
- Run test plan and review issues
- Review production migration plan
- Content freeze
- Execute comms plan
- Run migration
- Test using spoofed DNS
- Update DNS & implement SSL
- Post-migration testing
- Update documentation
Time to take the next step towards a more effective website?
Contact us, and we can talk more about how we can take your business to the next level together.